January 29, 2010

When a body meets a body, coming through the rye..

Sorry, the title of my post came from what I wrote about in my other blog, which is my literature blog. JD Salinger, the author of The Catcher in the Rye, passed away yesterday at 91, so I mentioned that in my post. That is one of my favorite books (though it's not too hard for me to like you if you're more than 50 pages and filled with thousands of vowels and consonants).

Anyways, the title of the book comes from a poem by Robert Burns called Comin' Thro the Rye. It actually goes like this:

O, Jenny's a' weet, poor body,
Jenny's seldom dry;
She draigl't a' her petticoattie
Comin thro' the rye.

Chorus:
Comin thro the rye, poor body,
Comin thro the rye,
She draigl't a'her petticoatie,
Comin thro the rye!

Gin a body meet a body
Comin thro the rye,
Gin a body kiss a body,[r] Need a body cry?

Gin a body meet a body
Comin thro the glen,
Gin a body kiss a body,
Need the warld ken?

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you completely write random things having nothing to do with your actual blog theme!

Onto wedding stuff. Zach and I are now in the process of picking caterers and what not. I'm going to the big DB (David's Bridal) with my sister on Sunday to try on a possible (cross your fingers) bridesmaid dress. I've found others that I like, however, these dresses are expensive! So DB sounded like a good option, plus I love the dress. (link to it here: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974&currentIdx=19&subCategory=-49998976|-49998975|-49998974&catentryId=6142398&sort=)

There are three colors that I'm looking at: Clover, Holly, and Kelly. They are all shades of green, Holly being Christmas Evergreen, Clover is a Dusty Jade, and Kelly is like a Bright Lilypad. So there you go. Lindsey likes Holly, as does Zach (like his opinion matters anyways...haha), however I've asked other people and they like the Clover or the Kelly. I originally wanted more of the Clover (Dusty Jade), but I kind of like the slight brightness in the Kelly. But what they look like on screen could be completely different than what they look like up close and personal. But I like that dress too. I wish I could buy that dress. It has pockets, and that's pretty much just awesome.

Well, that's the next few steps. Bridesmaid dresses and catering. Wedding planning is seemingly endless. Zach really wants to register, but it might be a little too soon (though my books/internet say 7-9 months prior is the usual). I think 10 months is pushing it, however it would be a fun thing to do together. (I'll just have to keep Zach away from the X-Box games, and the Wiis!)

That's all for now. So far, not too crazy. Oh, and I'm trying to get in shape so I can fit in my dress (I fit in it already, but it's a glove, so maybe a 5-10 pound weight-loss will make it pefect). I will blog about that endeavor another day!

No comments: