April 6, 2011

Elephants in my House

No, actual elephants don't live in my house (I wish!), but I do tend to have LOTS of elephant trinkets (thanks, Grandma!).

And I thought it would be an interesting post to share pictures of the elephants in my house with all of you!

(Obsessed... Yes!)

















I had to stop myself adding the story for each piece because otherwise this post would be INCREDIBLY long, as opposed to just long!  A lot of the pieces are from my grandma (like all the porcelain elephants and that really cool ivory necklace... I know, I know not ethical at all, but she got it from her Uncle Harry who was a sea captain from Estonia in the 1940s--see, cool story).

Anywho, that's it for my little "Elephants in my House" post!  (Also, I'm missing a few elephants that are in my house because I noticed them after I took all these pictures and my sister has her camera again which means I have no fancy camera with which to take awesome pictures!)

P.S.  My etsy store is almost up and running (big WOOT!) Just have to start listing things and figuring out tax (seriously confused) and other stuff and I'll be set!!  So tonight is going to be a big crafting night, double WOOT!!


No comments: