December 23, 2009

Time stands still

I'm pretty sure that December 23rd is the longest day of the year. I feel like every second of today has taken 10x as long as a normal day. I guess I'm just excited to get home for Christmas. I really love the holidays but really I just want a break. Soooo tired.

Wedding planning is tough and tiring, and I haven't been engaged for two weeks, but everything says you should start early. I mean, I have less than a year to plan if I intend on having the wedding on December 11th.

I wasn't truly excited about a winter wedding to begin with. Originially I wanted one in the fall (and I guess that it technically still will be during the fall season) but I never really gave the winter wedding a thought until Zach and I started discussing dates.

Now I'm super excited about having a winter wedding! I really hope there is snow, but it'll probably be one of those things where the snow will be super late, or it will storm. That's one thing I have to figure out how to handle: snow storm! I honestly don't know what we'll do if that's the case. I highly doubt a lot of places would refund any of the money, especially on short notice and what not, so it's an issue that I will have to discuss with Zach and our families. I'll just hope for a large snow fall a week prior to the wedding!

I don't want to make my wedding theme Christmasy at all, I would prefer more of a winter wonderland feel to it. Or just something classy and elegant, but of course on a budget.

I put together a wedding binder today (yes I am at work, but like I said earlier, it's pretty much the slowest day of the year, and since every second lasts 10x longer that means I've actually be at work for 60 hours already, so I'm into imaginary overtime). Well, I made the binder and it's pretty big. Beforehand I would just print things out and put them in a folder, but today I organized them all. By far I would say that the "wedding dress" section has the most print outs. What's funny about it is that although I like certain styles, I've printed all different styles of dresses. I don't want anything too poofy, but I say that and I'll probably fall in love with a ball gown. I want simple, but guaranteed I'll get a fancy looking dress on and will be in love!

Putting the binder together helped me organize my thoughts better as well. I pretty much know where my reception is going to be and possibly the ceremony and even the officiant, so it was nice to just put all the information from each place in one convenient location. It's also nice because then I got to put together a collage of pictures of me and Zach throughout the years and use it as the cover. I guess I'm just happy that I feel like I accomplished something towards my wedding whereas before I was anxious because I couldn't set anything in stone.

So apparently I'm not as interesting as I thought I was, but oh well, sometimes you've got it, sometimes you don't (why am I reminded of a mounds bar right now!).

Well, I guess that's all for today. I probably won't write much until I get back on the 30th, and hopefully by then I will have lots to say!

No comments: