December 30, 2009

Dresses, Flowers, and Venues, Oh My!


Can I just say that wedding planning is exhausting. I am wiped from this weekend. Zach and I did a lot of wedding stuff, and then after he left I did even more wedding stuff with my sister and mom. The good thing is that most of what we want is set and available for the day we have chosen (December 11, 2010).

In fact, that is our official date since a deposit has been put down on the reception venue (The Brink Lounge---gorgeous and hip!). I even bought my dress (which is also gorgeous and was on-sale, so BONUS!). It was the second one I tried on and it fit me like a glove. Like it was made for me. And since the store was discontinuing that designer it was the last one I could get and I actually had to buy the sample. But I was fine with that. I just hope their store doesn't burn down over the next year since we're storing it there! Cross your fingers!!

My mom is surprised at my ability of choosing everything I want so quickly (dress shopping only laster 1.5 hours, but I chose my dress in about 15 minutes). My sister says that is just the way I would do it since I've only dated one guy. I believe her phrasing was something like this: "Well look at who she's dating. She pretty much chose one guy and went with him, so do you really think it's going to take her that long to choose the rest of this stuff? Now me, on the other hand, I'll probably choose a bagillion things before I settle on what I want, just how I dated guys." Well said, Linds, well said.

I'm so excited for next year and I can't wait for it! Not only for the wedding but because Zachary and I will be married!!

Since everything big is pretty much settled, it's now on to the littler details, like colors and centerpieces, invitations, etc.. The above is a picture of what I would like my flowers to look like at my wedding, most likely just my bouquet and then a few centerpieces. Funnily enough, I put that together, and I think it looks quite lovely. The roses are slightly too bloomed, but I got them at a cheap grocery story. The baby's breath came with it (and originially I didn't intend to use it, but I think it completes the look) and the evergreen sprigs are from the tree's at my parent's house. All-in-all I thought it was perfect for what we wanted, and hey, I made it in like five minutes. Of course I'd probably have my bouquet professionally made (but I would gladly bring the florist the evergreen branches from our house) but I could do the centerpieces for the head table. For the small table there might be just very tiny versions of this bouquet (which I could also make) or I'm still deciding on other things I could do on those tables. I don't want to have a lot of leftover material from my centerpieces, so anything that is disposable would be great.

The next big thing I have to tackle is the reception food. I should get on that, but I'm still waiting for other things to fall into place. I think Zach and I need to come up with a timeline of how the day will go from the ceremony to the dance.

And now that I have my dress I must find shoes, possibly three pair: One for the ceremony, a pair of cute winter boots for outside and a third pair that will be comfortable for dancing and walking at the reception. I also need to figure out some kind of coat/shawl/cape for outside as well.

I'm really tempted to procure a horse and carriage for a ride down State Street (since the ceremony venue will hopefully be there) and then we can take it up to the capital for pictures!! That would be lovely, and although it sounds extravagant I'm pretty sure a 1/2 hour ride would not be too much!!

Anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself with the tiny details when so many big ones are yet to plan!!

Can you tell I'm excited? I've only used about a million exclamation points!!! (1,000,003 now)

No comments: