March 9, 2011

Honeymoons and elephant BFFs

This is a short blog post today (had to re-edit after I finished, clearly I was ambitious in thinking this would be short!)  Let's start again.... Good Afternoon!! All that other stuff (aka life) is getting in the way with my focus on my crafty-blogging side.  It's mostly school work, of which I have a large load of homework due by Friday--eep!

So this post is about something I am very very VERY excited about!

As you may know, I recently got married (hence some of the pre-wedding posts on this pre-wedding-turned-creationista-blog!) and we have been planning our honeymoons.  Yes--you read that right, as in plural.  No--we are not secretly rich and rolling in Ben Franklins.  But, the hubs doesn't like to fly further than three hours or so (pretty much no further than the borders of the continental U.S.) so he agreed to do two loooooooong weekend honeymoons.

That way we each get to choose one!  Well, he chose Washington D.C. over July 4 (not because of Independence Day, though that should be cool, but because the Cubs are playing the Nationals and he wants to go see that).

Photo credit.
Since he decided on some place so historical and diplomatic, I had to choose some place fun and exotic.  So I chose....... ARKANSAS!!


Okay, I really have no desire to go to Arkansas except for the fact that they have an elephant sanctuary there and for a small fee (okay, not so small, but small enough that we are willing to pay it) you can spend the weekend living with elephants!!  WOOT!!

(Side note: just google image searched "Arkansas" and by golly if it doesn't look like a beautiful state---it has the Ozarks)

Photo credit.

I am super duper excited about it, yet when I tell people there first reaction is usually, "How did you get Zach to agree to that" effectively killing my high-as-a-kite-buzz-of-excitedness.

I should probably back up and preface this with a little fact: I am OBSESSED with elephants!  I have been in love with them since before I can actually remember a time of not being in love with them!  I think it was born in me that they would be my favorite animals and the moment I found this place (Riddle's Elephant Sanctuary) I have wanted to go.  They only offer 4 Elephant Experience Weekends a year, which means I have been hounding their site like a madwoman almost every day since the new year, anxiously awaiting the new dates for 2011.  Well, they were finally posted and I got the last two spots available for the April 29-May 1 weekend!  (double WOOT!!)

Not the dates I had originally wanted (I have class on that Friday) but I am so excited to live with elephants for the weekend that I said "class be darned, we are going to go!"

Besides, who can resist how darn cute these guys/gals are (yes, I understand they could step on me and crush me to a pulp, but they're such gentle giants and so soulful when you look at them *sigh*).

Photo credit.

And here's an adult one (these are not actual elephants from the sanctuary, just random google image searches!):

Photo credit.
Also (I love "also's"--clearly) I have this random love for pictures of their behinds!!  It's weird, but I think pictures like that are so cute!  I'll show you one:

Photo credit.
And this image pretty much sums up want I wanted my life to be like when I was younger (I dreamed of having my own elephant and it would live in my parents' backyard in a pink barn and I would ride it everywhere and it would go everywhere with me and I would be the awesome girl with the elephant!):

Photo credit

And so with that I will end with the back end of an elephant!!  (Seriously, it's cute, right?!?)

Also (there it is again!), I realize for calling myself "The Creationista" I haven't really shown you a lot of my creations, well, I'm sorry.  There are a lot and I photographed a ton of them last night, but  *life* has gotten in the way of me posting them.

Hopefully soon!

No comments: