March 30, 2011

I.AM.SO.NOT.MOTIVATED

The title of this post pretty much sums up how I've been feeling for the past few weeks.  I'm still blog-punishing myself... I don't know why, I'm just masochistic like that.

But I need to stop.  I apologize for my melancholy (but honestly, there are so many blogs out there where I feel like the author is always so happy, every second of the day... it makes me feel bad about myself, like something is wrong with me.  And part of what I want to do in my blog is be honest with who I am.)

So, maybe in an effort to show you who I am, I will show you who I am NOT:
  • I am not happy 24/7/365 (but that doesn't mean I'm never happy, I'm only human... at least I think so, but I'm not exactly sure, my sister claims I'm not)
  • I am most often not optimistic, though I try not to be pessimistic
  • I am not a social being (that's why blogging is so attractive, I can hide behind a monitor until I'm comfortable enough to come out of my shell)
  • I am not conservative in my beliefs (at.all.)
  • I am not intolerant of other people's beliefs (which means I am tolerant of what others believe... just want to make sure that one is understood correctly)
  • I am not tall (5'4")
  • I am not super model skinny (in fact, I weigh 145 pounds, and am not ashamed to admit it)
  • I am not a workaholic (obviously)
  • I am not an alcoholic (haha, because it rhymes... sorry, poor taste?  oh well, we live...)
  • I am not a natural dark brunette (I'm actually more of a light brown, dark blonde... which pains me to admit... not that blondes are bad, I just never realized how light my hair was until I started dying it dark)
  • I am not a Christian (nor am I Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Wiccan, or any other religion)
  • I am not an Atheist either
  • I am not sure where I am going with this post...
Okay, so this is getting hard to do what I am "not" so we're going to go to what I am now:
  • I am the person who reads the plots to movies on wikipedia before (or while) watching the movie
  • I am madly in love with my husband *wink*
  • I am the proud mom of two adorable (and beastly) pups
  • I am creative
  • I am funny (at least I like to think so... I can laugh at myself, that counts, right?)
  • I am known to be crabby and grumpy (especially when I am hungry... right husband?)
  • I am a humanist
  • I am a lover of all things Greek, elephants, and big words
  • I am the opposite of athletic (for reals... I was the student that got all As in school EXCEPT for gym class... and yes I'm still bitter about it)
  • I am fairly smart, but have my "duh" moments
  • I am/was/always will be obsessed Josh Groban
  • I am an existentialist
And I am and am not so many more things than just what I listed, but in an effort to be honest about who I am and not become some sort of "image" behind my blog, I thought I would divulge certain aspects of me that I hold dear, or that are weird, or honest, or funny.

So that's me, in a nutshell (not that I believe anyone can be reduced to a nutshell).  But back to those bloggers who are always cheery... perhaps that is just how they are and you know what, I admire them for that and I say good for you.  I just am not like that and cannot pretend to be like that on my blog, it wouldn't be truthful but I think it's cool if people are like that and it at least gives me something to strive for!

What are or aren't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable wilt.