March 7, 2011

What's on my Desk Monday!!

Don't worry...I won't really make this a regular thing.  But I was bored on my lunch break so I took some photos with my phone (which surprisingly works pretty well for how cheap it is...and how often it's been dropped!) and since I was sitting at my desk, the only topic I had for my photos was the cluttery mess atop it!

So I took a few photos and edited them in picnik (one of my favorite things ever!) and now I am going to show them to you here.

(Side note: Picnik.com is AWESOME and totally user friendly for a person who does not want to learn the technicalities of photo editing in photoshop and the like!  You can use some of it's features for free, however you can access its premium capabilities for only $24.95 a YEAR!!  I think that's a steal for how easy it is to use and that I can access it from anywhere with a computer and it stores your photos.  Pretty nice, so CHECK IT OUT!)

And without further ado, I give you my desk in pictures (There are really only three different pics here but I used a variety of picnik's features to spice them up!):

We'll start with my lunch: jellybeans and diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash!  Just joshin'!
I actually had chili, but I bought these because I was jonesin' for some beans! 
This is the posterize effect from picnik (it's my favorite so you'll see it quite a bit!)

This is posterize + pencil effect.  Pretty cool!  (Totally just said that like the Miley Cyrus
skit on SNL... I'm a nerd and I really don't watch the show all that much,
but when I see/hear those words that's how I hear them!) 
If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're not really missing out!

Just the pencil effect. 

This is the neon effect, I think.  I like the way it outlined everything and how my phone cord looks totally trashed (which it is, I can barely answer the phone when someone calls!)

 A little 1960's effect.  I like the vintage-y feel to the photo.

My phone, keys, scarf, and other random stuff that I have thrown in a pile.  It may look disorganized, but trust me, this is how I file and it works for me!  Also, this was done in the posterize effect from picnik, which is probably my favorite effect!

Focal zoom.  I like that all my private data (passwords/login names) are just sitting on all those post-its in the background!  Luckily, they aren't for anything super important, just random things I have to keep accounts for!

Yeah, I'm healthy like that with my Diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash and Starburst Jellybeans (which I only eat the red and pink ones... drives the hubs nuts!)  That chapstick is my fave kind too!  It's Walgreens Beeswax Lip Balm.

So that is my desk, in a nutshell!

Not too exciting of a post, I know, but it's something and I got to play with picnik, so I'm a happy camper!

Most of you (out of the three people who are currently following me... and that's being optimistic) will frown on me for doing this at work.  But I did this on my lunch break, which is an hour of unpaid Kristi-time, so anything goes (well not anything, but you get it!)

Ciao!

No comments: