March 3, 2011

Indie Business...YAY!

So I recently just signed up for an online course about how to start your indie business, and I've only read two posts but I LOVE it!  I'm so excited to start designing my business (now if only I could figure out the boring, legal side of it...but we'll work on that later).

I feel like it's a good time to start reimagining myself.  I use "reimagining" as opposed to "reinventing" because reinventing implies that there was something wrong with me.  I have felt great lately!  I started this reimagination of myself by cutting my hair (cute, blunt bangs...I look like a sexy librarian!).  I've also been dressing a lot nicer lately when I go to work (as opposed to jeans and t-shirts) mostly because I feel better when I like the way I look.  That sounds shallow, but if I am feeling good on the outside then I am feeling good on the inside, and vice versa! 

Sooo posed, but hey, the hubs isn't Ansel Adams or anything!  

Anyways, I am so excited to start this journey towards being an indie business owner.  I know that I might have failures and it might not be what I expect, but my true passion is to create and express that artistic side of me.  So far the indie business 3.0 blog is sooooooo inspiring!  I just can't wait to go home and start sewing and crafting and painting and just creating! 


Buuuuuuut... I have school work and regular work and regular life that I must tend to as well, so initially this is going to be a little rocky.  The goal right now is to not be overwhelmed and to let things come naturally!  (and also not to be so consumed by this that I forget about work and school...oh and the hubs and the pups!)

Well, I'm going to leave it there for now.  I finally took some photos of some of the art I've created, so go on over to my "The Art" section and take a gander!

(Still looking for a good sign-off!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it